“We Wander for Distraction, but we Travel for Fulfillment.” – Hilaire Belloc
Travel Application Requirements
The names and website links to hundreds of charitable organizations are listed on our Partners’ page, for your convenience. These organizations will vet you and prepare you for the task(s) you mutually have decided upon. RAMP Foundation relies on charity organizations to determine your qualifications to volunteer with them. We do not participate in the selection process. Please note that approval of any travel request is based on the availability of travel funds at the time of application.
RAMP Foundation offers to cover the cost of your flight and lodging which will be set up by a third party. If your travel application is approved by RAMP Foundation, a travel agency will contact you to arrange your transportation and lodging. You are responsible for your meals and other local expenses. RAMP Foundation will not be responsible for any travel arrangements you make yourself or for any rental car expenses. Please note that we must have your completed travel request in hand at least 6 weeks before your departure. Travel is available only within the continental U.S. and not Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, and other U.S. territories.
You must be 18 years or older and live in the continental U.S. Before RAMP Foundation can consider your Travel Application you must have arranged a suitable, short-term (1 to 4 weeks) volunteer assignment with a charitable organization of your choice, and you must provide us with a copy of your sponsor’s letter addressed to you that describes the details of your forthcoming volunteer assignment. Such a letter should contain your sponsor’s specific contact information, the location of the assignment, volunteer duties that you have arranged with them, and the duration of the assignment. Specific travel dates can then be worked out.
Please Contact Us at any time with questions and/or suggestions during the application process and beyond. Here are links to the items we need from you in order to consider covering your flight and lodging expenses:
- Use the link email@example.com to send us your Sponsor Assignment Letter
- Here is the link to the Travel Application Form which includes the Volunteer Agreement form and your Acknowledgment Statement
Once you return from your assignment, it is necessary for you to complete and submit a brief Post Travel Survey to help us provide the best travel experience for all.
We also invite you to complete our Volunteer Signup form. It is also found at the footer of the page
Handy Tools to Maximize Your Impact
Please note that you will come across many children who do not speak English. Yet! To make your volunteer experience more successful for yourself and the children, we encourage you to spice up your language prowess. The internet makes this hassle-free.
Here are three convenient language options for your consideration:
- Duolingo is the best free app for learning languages. Duolingo offers bite-size lessons that feel more like a game than a textbook, and that’s by design: to make learning easier because you’re having fun.
- Google Translate is a free service on your mobile device that instantly translates words and phrases between English and over 100 other languages. It’s fun and you are more in control as you engage in 2-way conversations.
- American Sign Language provides a free path to learn sign language. Did you know that anyone who knows American Sign Language has a way to communicate with ASL signers in the world and that it is the sixth most common language in the United States? And as a bonus, it enriches and enhances cognitive processes, especially in children.